Gynecomastia comes from the Greek words "Gyneka" (woman) and “mastos"-chest, which literally means "woman's breasts".
Gynecomastia is a condition of over-developed male breasts. Though not often talked about, it affects 40%-60% of men. It can be caused by hormonal changes, weight gain due to the disruption of balance in sex hormones, or it can be hereditary. It is often a cause for low self-esteem among adolescents and young men, and this procedure helps them to get rid of this condition.
The initial treatment of gynecomastia is generally clinical and endocrinological. But in the end, male chest reduction surgery helps to get rid of the problem.
There is a classification of gynecomastia, according to which, depending on the severity of a particular case, a particular method of treatment is chosen over the other. Gynecomastia can be treated by two methods: liposuction and surgical removal (partial mammoplasty), or a combination of these methods. The incision is carried out through the areola of the chest.
Age: 18-60 years
Anaesthesia: local anaesthetic, in combination with intravenous neuroleptoanalgesia, or, in some cases, general anaesthesia.
Duration of operation: 30 minutes -1 hour.
- The patient returns home with a special bandage.
- A special elastic garment must be worn for 4-6 weeks.
- Sutures are removed after 7-8 days.
- Ability to return to work within a week.
Price: The price of operation is determined during the consultation.
Conclusions of an endocrinologist and the prior treatment must be taken into account. The surgical method, its duration, as well as the size of the bandage are determined according to the classification of each particular case.
Things to consider
- It is important that the correct initial phase of the treatment is identified during the first consultation with the plastic surgeon. It is possible that the treatment will be conducted by other specialists (medical or endocrinologist).
- An experienced surgeon, who has studied this pathology at a sufficient level, will correctly identify the stages of treatment and, later, will offer the most optimal method of treatment. Therefore, only a qualified doctor can understand the seriousness of this problem and provide comprehensive assistance to treat this condition.
Yes, of course I perform Breast Reduction surgery for women.
Greetings. The price for male areola reduction (both sides) under local anesthesia would be 1000-1300 euros. Of course, I would need to see you at a consultation so as to determine a more precise price.